So The Tequila Mockingbird Orchestra is worth checking out, they were passing through Portland from Canada and were a blast to play with at the Backspace. TMO has a great on stage presence. For those of you familiar with Great Big Sea, TMO reminds me of them but not. If you are not familiar with Great Big Sea check out one of my all time favourite songs by them The Old Black Rum.
Started thinking about the different music I'm into and opened up itunes to see what I've been listening to recently, and what are the songs played the most often.
So following in the ways of High Fidelity,
The top 10 songs played on my computer;
1. Under Pressure - David Bowie & Queen
2. The Sound of Settling -Death Cab for Cutie
3. Still Alive -Jonathan Coulton
4. The Legionnaire's Lament -The Decemberists
5. Yellow Submarine -The Beatles
6. Cranes -Warsaw Village Band
7. Birthday Cake -Cibo Matto
8. My Hero -Foo Fighters
9. Start Wearing Purple -Gogo Bordello
10. The Chemical Worker's Song -Great Big Sea
This list excludes songs from All the Apparatus, I love our songs, and it goes without saying. Also I didn't put doubles on the list some of these artist had multiple songs, cough *The Beatles* cough, and doesn't include songs I listen to while I'm out and about.